RILS v. Providence School District (2019)
Category: Active Case Civil Rights Discrimination Racial/Ethnic Discrimination Open Government Students' Rights
About this Case:
This is an Access to Public Records Act (APRA) lawsuit seeking a court order to force the Providence School District to release Department of Justice documents about the district's violation of federal law related to the rights of English Language Learners.
Lawsuit filed in August 2019.
Lynette Labinger, Ellen Saideman
- The Lawsuit (August 2019)
- DOJ Settlement Agreement (August 2018)
- RILS APRA Request (March 2019)
- Providence School District Response to APRA Request (March 2019)
- RILS Appeal to Response (April 2019)
- Providence School District Reponse to Appeal (April 2019)
- DOJ Findings Document (September 2019)