Cox v. Goncalves (2018)
Category: Active Case Open Government Police Practices
About This Case:
This is a lawsuit against the Pawtucket Police over the Department's refusal to release reports of alleged police officer misconduct generated by its Internal Affairs Division (IAD). The suit argues that the Department's refusal to release the records is a violation of the state’s Access to Public Records Act (APRA).
Information on another pending APRA lawsuit against the Pawtucket Police, Lyssikatos v. King (2017), can be found here.
Lawsuit filed in November 2018.
ACLU Cooperating Attorney:
James D. Cullen
More information related to the Pawtucket Police Department:
- ACLU Statement on the Fatal Shooting of DaShawn Cole by Pawtucket Police (September 2018)
- Groups Request Release of State Police Report Exonerating Officer Behavior At Tolman High School (December 2015)
- ACLU Statement In Response To Reports Of Police Actions in Pawtucket (October 2015)
- ACLU Calls For In-Depth Investigation Of Pawtucket Police Department Traffic Stop Practices (April 2015)
Related News Releases
- Nov 24, 2018 - ACLU Sues Pawtucket Police Again for Shielding Records of Police Misconduct